My Favorite Quick Breakfasts!
One of the lifestyle nutrition habits I teach my clients is: Always Eat Breakfast. Breakfast means ‘breaking the fast’, or eating within about 30 minutes of rising. Many clients say, ” Ewwww, I just can’t stomach eating when I first get up!” I let them know that it’s not necessary to eat a grandiose plate of eggs, hash browns and bacon. Breaking the fast is just that, ingesting something that gets the metabolic furnace fired up….throw a log in, sort of speak, to light the spark!
Here are a few easy and small quick breakfast suggestions for those of you who can relate to some discomfort eating soon after waking (and they definitely work for everyone). Note the nutrition stats, listed from left to right as calories, carbohydrates, fat, protein, potassium & fiber, respectively, below each suggestion.
1) 1/2 c. Fage greek yogurt & warmed berries
2) farm fresh boiled egg & 1/2 grapefruit or apple or pear (fruit of choice, really, but stats for grapefruit)
3) Dave’s whole grain toast & 1 T natural peanut or almond butter (stats for almond butter)
4) 1/2 c. greek yogurt & 1/4 c. udi’s granola
5) 1/4 c. udi’s granola & 1/3 c. coconut or 1/2 c/ 2%farm fresh low fat milk (stats for 2% milk)
6) 1/2 c. greek yogurt with Vega Performance Plus chocolate protein powder
7) 1/2 Organic + protein Food Bar
8) 1.5 Walnuts & 1 Figs or Dates (stats for fig)
9) 1 oz. slice swiss cheese rolled around fresh farm bacon or 2 0z. ham (turkey or chicken fine too, stats for ham)
10) 1 slice Dave’s whole grain toast with 1 oz. swiss cheese & 1/4 inch. sliced tomato on top.
Leave a Comment